Esporta Soft Goods Cleaning
When you have a water damage in your home, typically the floors, walls and ceilings are affected. Not only does SERVPRO take care of the water damaged structure, but we also clean the affected contents in the home as well. Whether it is clothes, stuffed animals, shoes, purses, etc., SERVPRO carefully packs up the contents and brings them back to our facility to be cleaned.
SERVPRO of Chesterfield has state-of-the-art Esporta cleaning system on-site that can make water damaged, mold damaged, and even smoke and soot damaged items look like new again. When the SERVPRO of Chesterfield crew arrives to your home after a damage has occurred, our trained professionals with pack up each affected item and thoroughly clean the contents to be delivered back to the customer. This is so important for customers who have items they would rather try and restore rather than replace.
SERVPRO of Chesterfield has been fighting fire and water damages for over 30 years and we will continue to make our customers happy by restoring their home as well as their personal contents.
Veteran Home Fire
Henrico Board of Supervisors Meeting
Last week, the Henrico Board of Supervisors invited SERVPRO of Chesterfield and other groups involved in repairing Vietnam Vet Walter Flanagan's home fire to be recognized for helping a fellow resident at his time of need. Our General Manager, Bobby Morgan originally went out and met with the fire marshal, building inspector and the customer. The homeowner got the house from his parents but has no homeowners insurance. His parents kept everything and every room was full of contents. Our crews delivered boxes, packing paper, sharpies, trash bags, and packing tape to the home and began boxing up the homeowner's belongings that can be saved and cleaned from the smoke and soot damage. Our crews also set up a generate to give power to his home. While our team helped out this veteran, we also involved the local news to call for other groups or organizations to donate their time and resources. With an outpouring of love and generosity, multiple local organizations stepped in to help this veteran out and we were able to get him back inside his home with a new renovated kitchen and all new appliances.
Professional Water Damage Help
No one plans for a fire to erupt in their home or business. Unfortunately, fire damage can occur at any time especially during this time of year. Space heaters, fire places, cooking equipment and candles are all perfect examples that could ignite your home into flames. Some people’s first reaction after a fire is to begin cleaning it up themselves. Here’s why you shouldn’t.
Water Damage – When the fire department responds to a fire in a home or business, they spray gallons of water into your property. The water will get everywhere- furniture, electronics, ceilings, clothing, floors, etc. The longer you wait to remove the water, the faster the damage will set in. Don’t try to remove the water yourself. You will waste valuable time that could be sent soaking up that damaging water. Calling SERVPRO of Chesterfield is the best option to quickly, efficiently and professional remove the water and to begin remediation to your home or business.
Soot Damage/ Smoke Damage – along with the extensive damage a fire can cause, soot and smoke damage is just as tricky. Smoke will get everywhere and travel throughout your home or business. It will affect everything in your home from furniture, clothing, walls, ceilings and floors. Soot will also be left behind staining walls and ceilings. SERVPRO of Chesterfield has the necessary products to property remove smoke and soot damage, as well as treating the contents affected by the fire.
Effected Contents – In some cases, a homeowner will discard their personal items effected by fire or smoke damage. This is another reason why you should call SERVPRO of Chesterfield. We can asses and inspect items to determine whether they are salvageable or unsalvageable. Our team will collect every item and thoroughly document each item to keep track and inventory all contents. A lot of times, we can clean and deodorize the effected contents.
Leave it to the professionals who have been restoring fire damages for over 30 years. We have the people, the tools, the equipment and the experience to handle any size disaster. Don’t try to handle it on your own. Time efficiency is key when it comes to a fire in your home or business.
Esporta Soft Goods Cleaning
Esporta Certified Operator
Sentimental items can't be replaced, but many can be restored. SERVPRO of Chesterfield is an Esporta Certified Operator. We utilize the best restoration technology to restore soft contents damaged by water, smoke, soot, mold and biological & chemical contaminants.
Items are held stationary and passed though detergent-laden water. The multi-stage computer controlled process utilizes proprietary detergents. The combination of hydraulic action and environmentally friendly detergents restores items to Food Grade Clean by removing 99% of contaminants, while still being gentle on the planet.
What Can Be Restored?
- Leather goods of all kinds
- Laundry of all kinds
- wash and fold
- press and hang
- Household goods of all kinds
- sleeping bags
- stuffed animals
- Unique articles such as sports equipment
- A wide variety of other articles
Holiday Fire Safety
Thanksgiving is the leading day of the year for home fires involving cooking equipment. Sometimes there are multiple people in the kitchen taking part in the preparations of multiple dishes. It can be hectic and dangerous, so keeping fire safety in mind is important!
Look at the Facts:
- According to the NFPA, in 2014, nearly four times as many home cooking fires occur on Thanksgiving as on a typical day.
- And, in the same year U.S. fire departments responded to an estimated 1,730 home cooking fires on Thanksgiving, the peak day for such fires.
- Unattended cooking was by far the leading contributing factor in cooking fires and fire deaths.
- Cooking equipment was involved in almost half (48%) of all reported home fires and civilian and tied with heating equipment for the second leading cause of home fire deaths.
- Stay in the kitchen when you are cooking on the stovetop so you can keep an eye on the food.
- Stay in the home when cooking your turkey and check on it frequently.
- Keep children away from the stove. The stove will be hot and kids should stay 3 feet away.
- Make sure kids stay away from hot food and liquids. The steam or splash from vegetables, gravy or coffee could cause serious burns.
- Keep the floor clear so you don’t trip over kids, toys, pocketbooks or bags.
- Keep knives out of the reach of children.
- Be sure electric cords from an electric knife, coffee maker, plate warmer or mixer are not dangling off the counter within easy reach of a child.
- Keep matches and utility lighters out of the reach of children — up high in a locked cabinet.
- Never leave children alone in room with a lit candle.
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working. Test them by pushing the test button.
For more information, please visit SERVPROchesterfield.com to see what SERVPRO of Chesterfield can do to help if disaster strikes. We are available for 24-hour emergency fire and water services.
Info provided by: http://www.nfpa.org/public-education/by-topic/wildfire-and-seasonal-fires/thanksgiving-safety
Why Choose SERVPRO® of Chesterfield
- Locally independently owned and operated, with the headquarters established in Chesterfield
- Consistently recognized in the top ten of 1,700 national locations
- Ranked 4th SERVPRO® Franchise in 2015
- Named Franchise of the Year in 2008
- More than 30 years of experience serving our local community
- Second largest franchise on the East Coast - Extreme Team Bahen
- Excellent reputation with homeowners, insurance companies, business owners, facility managers, local and state government agencies and commercial property management teams
Company and Technician Certifications
- NADCA – National Air Duct Cleaning Association
- EPA – Lead Certified Firm
- IAQA – Indoor Air quality Association
- IICRC – Institute of Inspection, Cleaning & Restoration
- CDS – Commercial Drying Specialist
- WRT – Water Damage Restoration
- ASCA – Air Systems Cleaning Specialist
- OSHA – OSHA Training and Compliance
- FSRT – Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- AMRT – Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- Plus many more
In the unfortunate event of a fire or water damage, call SERVPRO® of Chesterfield. We Weill respond 24/7 with trained employees, state-of-the-art equipment and the resources required to perform emergency services to limit property damages.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Chesterfield for Fall Cleaning
Everyone has heard of spring cleaning, but not everyone knows the importance of fall cleaning! This is the time of year to get your house ready for the fall and winter weather. Check out this handy checklist of what to do before the fall leaves and winter weather takes over.
- Vacuum all lamp shades
- Hand clean all light fixtures
- Check gutters, clean if needed
- Wash windows and make sure they are sealed properly
- Have rugs professionally cleaned by SERVPRO of Chesterfield
- Wipe out kitchen and bathroom cabinets
- Test smoke & carbon monoxide detectors
- Wipe out window wells
- Sweep out garage
- Clean and store patio furniture
- Clean or replace shower liners
- Clean washing machine
- Clean dishwasher
- Go through food pantry
- Clean oven
- Clean and organize closets
- Clean grill
And last but not least, purge! Donate what you don’t need, wear, or use.
If you don't want to take on the fall cleaning yourself and you would like to have your house professionally and thoroughly cleaned, call SERVPRO of Chesterfield for an estimate at 804.378.2323.
What To Do Until Help Arrives: Water Damage
Last night, Hurricane Michael made its way through central Virginia causing heavy rains and winds. Thousands across the area have lost power and have experienced flooded basements, crawl spaces, fallen trees on homes and businesses. Water damages like these can impact your home or business if it’s not addressed quickly.
Luckily, SERVPRO of Chesterfield has the tools and man-power to address everyone’s issues as quickly as possible. However, since we cannot get to everyone at the same time, we can offer tips and measures to take while you wait for help to arrive.
What To Do Until Help Arrives:
- Shut off the source of water is possible
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas, when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Remove to a safe, dry place any painting, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture
- Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting or floors
- Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
SERVPRO of Chesterfield will do everything to get to you as fast as possible and take care of your water damage. In the meantime, take these steps to safely save your affected furniture and personal items.
Fire Prevention Week
This year’s Fire Prevention Week campaign, “Look. Listen. Learn. Be aware. Fire can happen anywhere,” works to educate people about three basic but essential steps to take to reduce the likelihood of having a fire––and how to escape safely in the event of one:
Look for places fire could start. Take a good look around your home. Identify potential fire hazards and take care of them.
Listen for the sound of the smoke alarm. You could have only minutes to escape safely once the smoke alarm sounds. Go to your outside meeting place, which should be a safe distance from the home and where everyone should know to meet.
Learn two ways out of every room and make sure all doors and windows leading outside open easily and are free of clutter.
This week is an also an opportunity for local firefighters to visit schools and teach children the importance of fire safety. They want to make sure you’re doing all you can to keep your family safe. Firefighters are also encouraging smokers to make sure they throw out butts and ashes correctly because it only takes something small to spark a fire if the conditions are dry.
For more info please visit: http://www.nfpa.org/Public-Education/Campaigns/Fire-Prevention-Week
SERVPRO of Chesterfield understands the stress and worry that comes with a fire or water damage and the disruption it causes your life and home or business. Our goal is to help minimize the interruption to your life and quickly make it "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Chesterfield specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage. SERVPRO of Chesterfield can also mitigate mold and mildew from your home or business. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
As the second largest SERVPRO franchise on the East Coast, no damage is too large or too small for SERVPRO of Chesterfield!