Equipment Used For Fire Damage
We believe at SERVPRO of Chesterfield and SERVPRO of Tri-Cities Plus that the right tools for the job is vital to timely mitigation and restoration, but perhaps more important, SERVPRO of Chesterfield and SERVPRO of Tri-Cities Plus' fire damage professionals are thoroughly trained in fire cleanup and restoration. For instance, knowing the different types of smoke and their behavior patterns are vital to proper restoration.
- Wet Smoke – Plastics and Synthetics; Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary.
- Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood; Fast burning, high temperatures, dry, powdery, nonsmeary residues.
- Protein – Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
- Fuel Oil Soot – Furnace Puff Backs.
- Other Types – Tear gas, fingerprint powder and fire extinguisher residue.
Ultra Low Volume (ULV) Foggers will atomize liquid deodorizing agents, producing a fine mist that easily penetrates sites where odor-causing residues accumulate. The device can also be used to apply fungicides and disinfectants.
Thermal Foggers dispense solvent-based products in large volume, dense fogs suitable for confined areas. The fog consists of tiny particles of deodorant solution that pair with and neutralize odor-causing particles.